About The Movement - Action Steps
Your Legacy Goal - Health
The most important legacy you can give to your children and grandchildren is good health. With good health all things are possible. Without good health, nothing is possible. How to begin? Start by eating real food for 10 days. Please watch Dr. Lustig's video (below), then then go to the Nutrition ToolBox for the step-by-step, and visit www.robertlustig.com for more information and additional connections.
Your Legacy Goal - Global Localism
Our goal is help the people of each local community ensure their positive legacy and improve their own quality of life through "Chautauqua-like Outreach Movements". We recognize that we must work to make our city / metro regions united and strong, then work with other regions to resolve common challenges, such as ensuring a healthy living environment, ensuring healthy food supplies and providing sustainable energy resources. We can only achieve these goals by first talking face-to-face, creating local action plans, and then working together to bring them to fruition.
Clean Break Reform
Make the wheels of government turn for US, the 99.9%, by:
1. Reforming our election system. Everyone knows the U.S. system is broken and something must be done to make it actually represent the will of the people. Here are three must reforms: (a) Eliminate “winner-take-all” elections and replace them with “fair representation voting methods” such as “Ranked Choice Voting“ (RCV) (b) National Popular Vote: “Every vote equal in the election of the United States president” and (c) Universal Voter Registration. Go to FairVote.org for why and how election reform must be implemented.
2.Reversing Citizen's United vs. Federal Election Commission.
3. Repealing three, Bill of Rights busting laws: (a) the USA PATRIOT Act (Yes, Congress “repealed” the Patriot Act. But it was in name only. Now we must work to revise the Freedom Act.) (b) the Military Commission Act and (c) section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012.
4. Establish a “Constitution Protection Zone” in your city or town.
5. Re-establishing the Glass-Steagall Act.
6. Establishing a national public works program to maintain our infrastructure.
7. Adopting a Robin Hood tax, or as we like to call it, a Financial Transaction Donation.
8. Creating local, sustainable, distributed energy systems throughout the nation.
9. Retrieving the trillions of dollars now being expended through the "Deep Black Ops Budget" and put it to use serving the needs of the people by creating decent paying employment and returning the billions of dollars stolen from the 99.9% during Depression.2.
10. Creating a state bank in every state, e.g. North Dakota State Bank, ; using “crowdfunding” resources rather than international banks and, building personal financial wellness.
11. Adopting local Anti-Corruption Act Laws.
12. Making mainstream media do its job as "Guardian of our Democratic Republic" by reinstituting the Fairness Doctrine and repealing Title 3 of the Telecommunications Act (1996).
Daniel P. Sheehan - 4-12-2016 - The Robber Baron Era, Chautauqua Movement, Worldviews (especially at about :55 into the video).